“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to the stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear on cheerfully, do all bravely, awaiting occasions, worry never; in a word, to, like the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common.” ~ William Henry Channing

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Words of Wisdom from the Littles



Upon waking this morning Isidore's first words were, "Mom, I had a great dream!" When I asked him to tell me about it he said, "Mom, I can't explain, stuff in dreams is too complicated."


On the way to the shop today, we were exploring which family members possess the ability to roll his or her tongue. Aliana observed, "That's not very useful."



Also on the drive to work dear Elizabeth told me, "My nose can wiggle."





There you have it.






1 comment:

Nonna said...

You might tell Elizabeth her great grandmother (grandmere) could wiggle her nose like a rabbit, much to the delight of grandmere's two children (Nonna and Great Uncle Bill). She could also roll her tongue, and best of all she could raise one eyebrow at will. Grandpere once said he married her because of that raised eyebrow. I guess there are worse reasons.
Nonna