“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to the stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear on cheerfully, do all bravely, awaiting occasions, worry never; in a word, to, like the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common.” ~ William Henry Channing

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ego?


I like writing, it makes me think. Taking pictures helps me really look at things. But golly, do ya'll care? Is blogging really just a way to get people to pay attention to me?


Hmmm

4 comments:

Robbyn said...

I just found your site and am so enjoying your perspective. It may be hard to believe, but not that many years ago, my life almost took me to live in a yurt. I hope you keep blogging...I love what I've been able to go back into your archives and read about your journey :)

Robbyn/thebackforty blog

Anonymous said...

Reality Check: E V E R Y person on the planet has an ego. If you have a brain you have an ego. And it is necessary to have one.

I adore your blog and I, too, hope you keep blogging.

Josephine said...

I found my way here through monkey mind blog and I am glad I did. I like it very much and plan to check in on you frequently. I was having trouble seeing some of the photos though, they were just an "x". Too bad, since the ones I could see were very lovely.

Blessings - Susie

Beautiful Each Day said...

Robbyn - Thanks for stopping by. I love the writing you do on Women Not Dabbling in Normal.

Anon - ;)

Susan - Sorry you are having trouble with the photos, I wish I understood Blogger better. Sigh. Thanks you for your nice comment.